• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Xanax script??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenlighter
I'm 22 years old recently found out I have high blood pressure. I went to the doc a few times and when they took my BP my top number was high each time and they thought maybe it was just nerves. So I took it a few times on my own and it was still high. Saw a cardiologist and did a bunch of tests, they found nothing wrong and just related it to my health. I'm 5'7 160, not exactly a serious weight problem but I know i can take off 10 - 15 lbs, eat better, and exercise more.

About 2 years ago I had seen another doctor because I kept having heart palpitations. They found nothing wrong and just related it to stress.

When I went to the cardiologist recently I made it a point to talk about my anxiety issues. I constantly worry about everything. The way ppl think of me, stress out about stupid shit, i don't go out and party like i used to, going to class freaks me out half the time and i usually don't talk to ppl unless i have to or know someone, when talking to new ppl I know i'm awkward sometimes cuz i'm constantly evaluating what they are thinking about me, and the list goes on and on.

When i get really bad panic attacks my heart races and my chest tightens up. The worst attack (might not have been) i got spotty vision in my right eye and my right arm went numb for about 10 minutes, then i got a terrible headache. Might have been some type of migraine the doc said and wants me to now go see a neurologist.

The doc also mentioned making use of the free counseling services offered at school, but I went one time last year and the guy wanted me to keep some kind of journal and rate my anxiety in each situation. Sure maybe this would be helpful but it's not for me.

I like all kinds of drugs and have abused them before but I know my boundaries and wont let drugs ruin my future. WE ALL SAY THIS, I KNOW!

When I take xanax I can act like a normal person, I can actually approach people and talk to them without thought races, i'm more motivated to go out and do things, I don't do weird things to avoid ppl, and i'm HAPPY. I'm a fun person and like to have a good time, but this anxiety truly cripples me.

I've made all these points to 3 different docs and none of them have seem to take it very serious. I know your not supposed to ASK for drugs, but seriously why keep risking buying these pills off the street? If i'm 100% honest and upfront with the doctor about my self prescribing and all will they right away think i'm just trying to score or might this work?

Thanks to anyone who reads this long post.

I believe this thread fits best in the healthy living forum because it's more about your anxiety issues in general and not specifically related to alprazolam. Questions related to doctors and pharmacies also belong in healthy living.
You say xanax is the only thing that helps, but benzos are never a good permanent solution to anxiety. If you go on xanax daily, after a while (months, years, whenever) expect to experience rebound anxiety when your tolerance goes up. Your anxiety will be worse than it was when you started. If you can manage to only take xanax once every few days you'll be in much better shape, but that won't be easy to do if you have constant anxiety.

It'll be hard to find a doctor that will give you enough xanax to maintain for a while. Getting a script or 2 would probably be a lot easier. I don't know, I don't have much experience with doctors. Being honest might help, but you also don't want to give away too much and be labeled as a drug abuser.

-> Healthy Living

Good points, I would definitely leave out my drug history. I guess i'm not really looking for a long term script just anything that will help.

Sorry for wrong choice of forum. Thanks for the move.

yea i wouldn't bring up anything that tells the dr that you have tried the drug or done any drugs in the past.

only thing i can say is to try and find another dr and just tell him all the medications you have tried that were prescribed and what you just told us.

if you refuse to go to counselling and just keep asking for xanax instead, any doctor is going to think you are a drug-seeker.

xanax is not going to help you in the long-term. counselling might. i think you should give it a shot before you write it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.